What a week it has been! It has flown by again. A lot of the same things, teaching and learning and more teaching. On Sunday the BYU men's chorus came and sang to us for about an hour! They are awesome!! My favorite song was called "my witness " I think... anyways it was a more soul power song, lots of snapping and swaying, super cool!! I love those kinds of songs. After that we watched a documentary on President Thomas S Monson, what a man!! God really does communícate with prophets today.
On Monday morning we had Skype TRC where we Skype a member who lives in France or Canada and teach them a lesson. Sœur Daines and I got on the computer and tried calling the women who said she would Skype us. She never answered...so we just left 3 minute videos testifying how the Book of Mormon answers our questions. It really does! Take your questions to that Book and study and learn about God's answer. Hopefully this Monday we'll actually teach a real person.
On Tuesday our Canadians left :( we became such good friends and I'm really excited to hear about their experiences and see them again in a few years. On Wednesday we received 7 new missionaries also going to Montreal Canada, so far they seem to be doing very well. An elder is from Pasadena and knows where Camarillo is! Très cool!
On Thursday we had pretend exchanges. The missionaries in my district were all assigned new companions just for teaching that day. My new companion was Sœur Mecham. She is awesome! I learned so much about preparing a lesson and being personable with an investigator.
Last night my teacher Sœur Kitchen showed us a slide show of a lot of people she taught in France! I'm am super excited to go!! France is a huge melting pot of all kinds of people and refugees. We received our travel plans today! We leave April 10!! Just 10 days away. Our teachers talk so much about how so many people have the wrong impression of the missionary work in France. God has prepared people there, I know he has, otherwise he wouldn't have called me or anyone else there. I'm so excited!!
Have a wonderful week!
Thanks for both of the packages this week! The sisters in my district had a super awesome snack night on Monday night, we enjoyed all the chips and salsa and other foods as well. The cinnamon rolls are delicious! I can't wait for general conference this weekend. I'm going to look for ways that the brethren teach the doctrine of Christ simply and try to apply it to my lessons.
I don't not feel at all ready to leave. I love the MTC, my teachers are so awesome and inspiring. Except the food, really excited to get off the cafeteria! But they do have a tortilla wrap bar where you can put a whole bunch of things inside and also a dressing so I had the worker put olive oil and red wine vinegar on mine and right as I asked him to, an older missionary from either London or Australia or new Zealand, somewhere with a cool accent, complimented me on my refined taste! He said not many Americans would choose that but it's so good. So I said it was thanks to you because you love it on sandwiches and salads!
Sœur Giles
Letter to Mom:
Hey Mom!
Hey Mom!
Those pictures are so cute! I was going to ask you to send me an invitation so I could see one but those are great! I'm so excited for Kailee to join our family, she's so sweet.
Thanks for both of the packages this week! The sisters in my district had a super awesome snack night on Monday night, we enjoyed all the chips and salsa and other foods as well. The cinnamon rolls are delicious! I can't wait for general conference this weekend. I'm going to look for ways that the brethren teach the doctrine of Christ simply and try to apply it to my lessons.
I don't not feel at all ready to leave. I love the MTC, my teachers are so awesome and inspiring. Except the food, really excited to get off the cafeteria! But they do have a tortilla wrap bar where you can put a whole bunch of things inside and also a dressing so I had the worker put olive oil and red wine vinegar on mine and right as I asked him to, an older missionary from either London or Australia or new Zealand, somewhere with a cool accent, complimented me on my refined taste! He said not many Americans would choose that but it's so good. So I said it was thanks to you because you love it on sandwiches and salads!
Also I would like 2 more deodorants, the secret kind with the lavender scent, thank you! It does not feel like it's already April, time is zooming by. I'll send pictures in the group email!
I love you so much!! Thanks for all your support!
Love, Sœur Hannah Giles

No comments:
Post a Comment