Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday, March 10th, 2017 Gospel=Good News



Bonjour!

I don't even know where to start..this week was SO GOOD. Sœur Daines and I taught our first "investigator" starting Saturday. We had to teach completely in French so it was interesting. The lessons mostly consisted of us asking him questions and him responding and us not knowing what he was saying. We tried our best though! He gave us feedback last night, thankfully in English, and said that we did a great job at making everything we said personal and meaningful. He didn't feel like we were checking topics off but that we were prayerfully preparing what he needed to hear. Every time Sœur Daines and I would go up to knock on the classroom door, we would start giggling, we'd try to stop but as soon as he opened the door he would start laughing! Anyways, he told us that that made it fun and more like a conversation with real people instead of robots. He said that we would be able to touch so many lives in France because of our individual personalities. 

Sunday was a great day as well. The highlight of the day was watching a talk by Elder Bednar given a few years ago at the MTC about the character of Christ. He talked about who Christ is as a person and how he responds to every situation. Christ was always turning outwards. There are so many examples in the scriptures of him being compassionate and selfless. Elder Bednar challenged us to find those examples, I started reading the new testament this week and found one already! It was in Matthew 14. Christ had just found out that John the Baptist was beheaded, in verse 13 it says that Christ departed to go to a desert place, I'm sure he wanted to mourn the loss of his friend. But people had learned that Christ was near so they followed him. Instead of telling them to go away so he could have time by himself, he "was moved with compassion" and healed all those who were sick. 

The highlight of my whole week was in class. My teacher, Brother Adams, taught about the doctrine of Christ. The doctrine of Christ is the simple fundamental things of the gospel, i.e. faith, repentance... he taught us about the continual cycle we are in, faith moves us to repent, we become clean by being baptized and receiving the holy ghost, and then we do our best to endure. This is the process of conversion. I can't say it near as well as he taught it but I gained so much perspective on how investigators think about those fundamental things. I am so grateful for the knowledge that we can change, we can become better, we can have peace now and joy forever. 

Each day gets better and better. I love my zone, during exercise time we always play a version of knock out, basketball, we just have so much fun! 

I've really started to understand how powerfully the Lord can answer prayers. He can guide and direct us if we believe that he can! I invite each of you to look up charity in the bible dictionary and think about what it means to you. It gave me a new meaning to what being charitable is.
 Je sais que Dieu vous aime!

Sœur Giles

MTC District

Seour Giles and Seour Daines

No comments:

Post a Comment