Friday, March 24, 2017

March 24th, 2017

"A smooth sea never made a great sailor"

Another week down! I feel like so much happened this week but I cannot remember any of it! On Tuesday there was an excellent devotional. Lexi Walker was a guest singer, she's amazing. She's only 14, look her up! Elder Zwick of the seventy came and spoke about how important it is for us to be kingdom builders. His wife talked about how we are the resource not the source. The Lord's promises are always certain but not always fast. The answers will come at just the right time for us. There is a line in the song "Joseph Smith's first prayer" and it goes "but undaunted still he trusted". Things sometime don't make sense to us but by having patience and trust in God, they will all work out!
On Wednesday my zone got 12 new missionaries. Sœur Daines and I and the zone leaders welcomed them that night. I'm so excited that they are here! 8 are going to Tahiti, 2 to Barbados, and 2 to Washington DC.
Other than that we taught lessons and had class and then taught more lessons!
I love the Book of Mormon and how it applies to every single persons life. It answers our questions and gives us direction. Pray about it!

Sœur Giles


Letter to Mom:


Ma mère!

Sorry that you are sick! I had a cold the first week and now I have a petit cough but I feel so good today! This morning we went to the temple and I had a great conversation with Sœur McDonald in the celestial room just about questions we've had and I learn a ton about the plan of salvation while there. It's awesome. On Tuesday Elder Zwick from the 70 came and spoke which was awesome. Also Lexi Walker, a 14 year old professional singer came to sing with the choir. Yes I was in it, we sang savior redeemer of my soul and it was beautiful!!! I'm glad things are coming together well for the reception, it'll be wonderful.
I love the tour de famille!! French has beautiful expressions that we use all the time. The language is definitely progressing!
Tell clay to write me a letter!! I want to hear from him! Also I would greatly appreciate a real letter or something!
Right now I can't remember what happened this week but I know it was super good..
I just looked in my journal. Study Alma 34 this week. Such a great chapter about the plan of salvation. Try to find verses that talk about how important the atonement is.
Also last week was really rough because of the district changes and some people have been having a hard time adjusting but last Saturday one of our teachers, Frère Nadauld came up to sœur Daines and I and thanked us for being the glue of the district, we've been very positive and supportive and he said it's made a huge difference!
I love being a missionary!
Je t'aime beaucoup!


Hannah


Letter to Dad:

Sounds like an awesome weekend dad! Yesterday my teacher had each of us go into a classroom by ourselves and pray for about 10 minutes and just talk to God about how we were doing. Then to search the scriptures for some answers. I was looking for a chapter about the characteristics of God and read in Roman's 12. It was mostly about things we need to do but I loved reading that. Personal revelation is real!
Pretty cool you were on a panel, super smart dad! I can't wait for pictures of John, he's probably so cute!! Also Gramma seems like she's doing well.
I have so many experiences while here and every day I am so much more grateful for the atonement and the chance we get to change every day! Love ya!

Hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment