Petit a petit
This week has gone by so fast. The weather here has been super nice. I haven't worn a jacket at all for the past few days! Feels a little bit like home.
So there are two districts here going to France, for some reason two of the Lyon missionaries were put into our district. So on Sunday the branch president of our zone talked to our two districts and said he had decided to switch the districts so that all of the Lyon missionaries were in one district and move some Paris missionaries into ours. My district lost 3 elders and gained 1 elder and 1 sister. We were all actually pretty sad because we finally were becoming really unified and working together really well. The branch president called it our first transfer..better get used to it! So it has been a week of adjusting, I'm just so glad I still have the same teachers. Brother Adams, Brother Nadauld, and Soeur Kitchen are the best!!
For the Tuesday devotional, Linda K Burton and her husband came to speak to us. Both of their talks were so good. Sister Burton talked about how important it is for the Lord to work through us. She quoted someone but I don't know who "if you want to go fast, go alone but if you want to go far, go together". A great example of this principle this week was when my district was studying the Book of Mormon together. When we studied it together we were able to share experiences and insights that I would have never thought of on my own. Going to church is so important because we are able to learn from each other and help others come closer to Christ.
On Wednesday my district got to be hosts!! Over 150 bebe missionaires came in! The sister that I helped check in and find her room and class is going to Anaheim! I've only been here two weeks but it made me feel so old. Pretty fun!
Other than that everything is going well, french is coming little by little, teaching is also coming little by little. The longer I am here the greater appreciation I gain for the plan of HAPPINESS that God has provided for us. I love this gospel!
-
Soeur Giles
********************************************************************************
Letter to Mom:
Mom, I am SO SO happy you were able to study charity. I love how charity is all about who you are inside and not about what you do, even though it is often the motivation for kindness. As I've studied that principle more I've found myself being more willing to jump up and help some one or take some extra time to find out how some one is feeling. I can definitely attest to President Hinckley's quote. I can hardly speak coherent French but what I can do is pray and bear testimony in french. The spirit comes so strongly during those times. Before gym time every day we say a prayer and the guy who was in charge asked to hear someone pray in French so I volunteered! I love it! Also I really really like speaking up in class. There is so much insight gained when we discuss things together. As a district we have started reading the book of Mormon together. We are only on chapter 5, but we stop and discuss every few verses and share experiences. You and dad should do this! You don't even have to read a whole chapter but it is so so so helpful to understand the meaning of verses and ask questions you've always had but never answered!
Tell Brenda I said hello! She's awesome.
Also I want to hear how the wedding plans are going! I'm praying for you!
Love, Hannah
********************************************************************************
Letter to Dad:
This week was good. Super busy, a lot of our study time was cut short because of service and exercise time and we are now teaching 2 investigators. But it makes every day go by so fast. I love the Nephi spiritual chain. I think that the first scriptures talks about how humble he was and how that is what is essential to begin your spiritual journey. We need to ask for help and to know the truth. The rest of the chain seemed to me like examples where Nephi demonstrated his faith and trust in the Lord. His circumstances were hard but he knew to rely on the Lord. These experiences build us up. Nephi was able to have the spirit with him. The last verse shows me that Nephi had grown to the point where the Lord was giving him direction because Nephi had shown he was willing to do all the Lord commanded. He had been prepared to build a boat even though he never had.
About personal revelation, this week in class we watched a short clip of Elder Bednar talking about Spiritual promptings. He told the missionaries to "quit worrying about whether it is their own thoughts or a prompting." God is orchestrating a wonderful plan for each of us. All we need to do is be a good girl or good boy and try to follow Christ. He told a story of when he was a missionary when President Packer came to his mission in Germany. He and his companion took president Packer and his wife to the train station. Elder Bednar had a thought to give them some money for food on the train so he did. He was worried that they would be hungry. But this was when Berlin was separated into east and west . East Berlin was not accepting a certain kind of passport that sister packer had. They used the money Elder Bednar gave them to get through safely. To me this really shows that if we try our best to be kind and helpful the Lord can work wonders that we will never find out about. Elder Bednar didn't find this out till 30 years later or something like that.
Heavenly Father works through us to help others. It is so important to recieve personal inspiration and help from the Holy Ghost.
Love, Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment