Made it to my first p day! It's gone by fast and slow at the same time. We got rushed into classes as soon as we got here. My companion is Soeur Daines and she is also from California, from Palo Alto. We've had a fun time getting to know each other. Our language teacher has spoken entirely in French, I understand probably every 5 words but he is really nice! The first day we rotated around in big groups in classrooms to practice talking to investigators, I think they were actually members but their acting was so convincing! We talked to an older man who was born in Italy. He has a tremendous love for his family, especially his wife who passed away a few years ago. At one point a sister stood up and asked him if it was alright if we all sang the primary song "Families can be together forever". After we sang there were a few moments of silence. He then said "you know when you want a piece of toast with butter on it but all the butter in the container on the counter is gone. So you get a stick from the fridge and have to put it in the microwave. You then put your piece of bread in the toaster. The microwave beeps and you realize you forgot about the butter and now it's all melted into a pool. When I first walked in here I felt like a cold piece of butter but after that song I feel like melted butter!" I thought that was such an awesome analogy for the Spirit. Those melted butter moments are the best!
There are 9 missionaries in my zone going together to Paris. I'm glad we will travel there together.
Yesterday my companion and I were at dinner and we sat next to these two sisters, guess who I sat next to?!? Another Sister Giles! Sadly not closely related but still cool!
Have a great week!
--
Sister Giles
Hannah's letter to mom:
Bonjour ma mere!!
Actually all those missionaries were on my flight! I got to talk to them before we boarded, they were super nice and encouraging! My companion is Soeur Daines and she actually turns 19 on March 10th! I'll have to figure out something to do for her. I'm glad your dress shipped, I'm sure it'll get to you in time. I miss you! There is an elder in my district from Brea! I haven't been able to talk to him yet but I thought that was cool. We are learning so much about loving the people we serve and teach. I am so grateful for your example of love! I love you!
Sœur Giles
Hannah's letter to Dad:
Hey Dad!
I'm on the main campus, everything is so close together so we don't have to be in the cold very much. The food seems fine so far. They have delicious pineapple! I'll let you know in a week if it's still good haha
Since my teacher only has spoken French to us I feel like it's coming pretty quickly, also la don du langues (gift of tongues) is real!! I'm trying to pray in French. My zone and district seem really fun. We do lots of things together!
It's hard and tiring but I know it'll be worth it.
Love, Soeur Giles
![]() |
| Saying her final good-bye at the MTC curb! |
![]() |
| A Parisian lunch with Aunt Gail and Cousin Tami! |
![]() |
| One last picture! |



No comments:
Post a Comment