This week has flown by! It started off great with general conference. Those prophets have been called of God and do speak his word. I am so grateful that God loves us so much that he would provide a way for us to come to learn more about him and learn more how to have happiness in this life. Fun fact Elder Costa and Elder Palmer each came to the MTC and spoke to us the past two Tuesdays! Everyone cheered when they walked up to talk. I loved President Monson's talk about how important the Book of Mormon is. Seriously, read it every single day!!
Sunday night vocal point from BYU came and sang. It was awesome!!! Listen to Nearer My God to Thee by them as soon as you can. It is so powerful and awesome and inspiring. Please listen to it!
This week was a little crazy. On Monday we had TRC with a real person this week! His name is Adam from Bordeaux. It was super cool. He likes to ride his bike and he delivers pizza!
Tuesday and Wednesday we taught our last lessons and had some really fun times with our teachers, they told awesome stories.
Thursday was in field orientation and we did a lot of contacting. They also talked about how important the members are in helping people have a good experience at church and can help support their testimony as well.
I am super excited to get to France and spread the joy of the gospel. I may not be able to speak much but through God anything is possible.
Sœur Giles

Mom you are awesome!!! There are so many tender mercies here. I absolutely love studying and planning lessons. Often my questions are answered when I study for my investigators.
Can't believe Lucas is getting married tomorrow, I'm glad everything is working out.
I'm so excited for Ruth!! I can't wait to see her. Soooo many people have or are or will serve in paris. The work is hastening for sure. I can't wait to get out there. I have been reading a lot of my teacher's emails from when he served, he has them all printed out in a binder . They are hilarious! The members are so kind and there are so many opportunities to teach people.
Also I love your tandem bike poem, it's such a good analogy. I miss Grandpa, he was so kind and gentle and loving, can't wait to see him again!
On Monday, we leave for the airport a little after 12, so I will probably be able to call in-between 2 and 4. Hopefully you won't be going through a bad cell phone area...
Also thank you so much for the package and thank clay for his letter, I'll send him one back!
I'll talk to you soon! Love you so much!
Sœur Hannah Giles
No comments:
Post a Comment