Monday, April 17, 2017

April 17, 2017

April 17, 2017

Lots of Kinder Chocolate!

My bleue ville is Nancy! It's on the east side of France, a few hours from Paris.

The flight here was long, I sat next to a guy from Holland! President and Sœur Babin picked us up and drove us to the mission office where we started contacting. I contacted with Sœur Bishop who has been out for 11 months, we gave out a few copies of the Book of Mormon. This is what I contributed in all our conversations combined : 3 Bonjours, and one 20 second prayer. She was a fearless missionary!!

The next day we met our trainers, mine is Sœur Warr from Santa Clarita, California! Every where I go I meet someone who knows where Camarillo is, small world. We took the bullet train to Nancy and quickly changed into normal clothes. Nancy is awesome because they have young adult activites ! The ward is here relatively big. So Wednesday night we had a sports night with a few of the members and some Amis. The next day we had a mangez-vous with a member Maité and her friend Irène. They are both old ladies and love the missionaries, we had a great time with them. Maité actually knows my teacher from the MTC Sœur Kitchen, that was a nice tender mercy!

I'm not sure why people think French people aren't very nice because almost all of them are so kind and encouraging!! I love them! On Thursday we did some finding and my goal was to start some of the conversations. The first woman I talked to, Charlotte, was so receptive and nice!
A lot of the contacts we do, we share the Easter video. It is awesome, definitely watch it soon please! Each time I watch it, I feel Christ's love for the whole world. He truly lived, died, and lives again so we can have eternal joy. Through Him we can have peace!

The bizarre event of the week was having dinner with the family Nisse. They are less actives. I don't really know how to describe them...definitely French! They fed us lamb covered in snail butter. Meals take a really long time here, we had at least 4 courses, we started at 7 and we had to rush the desert out to finish by 9. They just don't stop talking!

Church yesterday was very refreshing! The members are so fun. An elder that just finished this past Wednesday actually came with his family to visit the ward, it was nice talking to them. Actually his brother served in Taiwan with the Blickenstaffs, their last name is Long! I don't think the world could get any smaller.

I absolutely love it here. I'm so grateful for Sœur Warr, she works so hard and is very dedicated to bringing this happy message to everyone around us. She's a great example to me.
One scripture that i loved this week was Psalms 62:8. A lot of people we talk to say that God is all around us but he can actually be with us! He answers our prayers because He loves us!

Have a great week!

Sœur Giles





Gratitude Wall, at the MTC




Bus ride to the airport from the MTC



Arrived at the airport in Paris!




Breakfast at the mission home




meeting their new trainer today




dinner at the mission home




First trainer, Soeur Warr!










Consecration Hill



























Seour Warr, from Santa Clarita, California - Hannah's trainer




We heart attacked Maité to thank her for lunch.



Yummy pastry!





President and Sœur Babin





























Letter to Mom:


That sounds incredible Mom!! I cant wait for the pictures! Also tell me about the dress you were wearing for the wedding?!? It's beautiful! Not the one you ordered right?

It has been quite the week, most of it is in the group email but I just wanted to tell you that I love you and I am so grateful for all your help in preparing me for this! You've always been a great example to me and I see how strong you are and how much you love the lord. Keep it up mom! Also you'd be proud of me, I'm not really that scared to go up and talk to random people! A lot of them do say I don't have time but a lot of them do talk about their beliefs. You could totally be a missionary!
The transportation system is really confusing for me and I usually have no idea where we are but I know which bus to take to get to the church and how to get to a grocery store! 

We talked to such a nice lady yesterday at the bus stop. The bus was really late so we got to talk for a long time! She was interested in life after death because her husband died 20 years ago but she says she can still feel him here. She's been prepared! Sadly she wouldn't give us her number so hopefully she will call us sometime. We gave her a Book of Mormon too! 

We haven't taught many lessons, just little thoughts for the families we visit. They had a baptism last Saturday, her name is Iman and she is the cutest Armenian lady ever to be seen!!
We get to go to the Paris temple on Thursday,part of the vip open house, the most perfect birthday present. Thanks for your package! Greatly appreciated mom :) I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
Hannah

We heart attacked Maité to thank her for lunch. Picture from consecration hill. Our gratitude wall from the MTC. Bus ride to the airport. And a random building!

No comments:

Post a Comment