Thursday, July 6, 2017

July 3, 2017

Trio for the 3rd transfer

Monday night we went to Steak n Shake with Iman, Maité, and Mami Irène! Maité ate her burger with a spoon and Mami Irène kept sighing about how much food there was but still ate it all. Classic old french ladies! I love them so much!

Then Tuesday night we went to the Couterier's for a good send off for Sœur Warr and an elder in our Ville. I ate a sardine and some shrimp, but you have to de-shell and de-bone it all and it was horribly messy. But tasted pretty good! 

Wednesday we went and picked up my new companions. Sœur Robertson and Sœur Meredith are both super nice and love to share the gospel. Soeur Robertson is from Utah and Soeur Meredith is from Boston.Its going to be a great transfer. We will meet our new president this Tuesday!
We had some good rendezvous with amis and members and lots of finding! 

We met with a less active that I had never seen before so it was new for all of us. I heard that she was very intimidating which is very true! Her life has not been easy and she told us she really didn't want us to come over but felt like we should anyways. Turns out Sœur Meredith had known her son for a few weeks in her last ville, and this less active hadn't heard news from her son in a long time. It was cool for her to recognize the hand of the Lord in her life. We ended up not sharing what we had planned but took the opportunity to understand her situation and listen! 

Sunday was a good day as well. There was a baby blessing! Cute little Celestine Freard. The chapel was so full! Also I went to primary for a little bit to play their monthly song but they weren't quite finished with the lesson when I got there so I was able to sit and listen! They were talking about how important it is to fast with prayer. There was a little object lesson. 2 kids stood together at the front of the class shoulder to shoulder. One was fasting and another prayer. Then the teacher had another kid try to walk through them, easy! But then the teacher had fast and prayer link arms really tight while the other tried to walk through again, impossible! If we fast without meaningful prayer, it means nothing but with a meaningful prayer God can give us the strength to overcome trials.
I am so grateful for this gospel and the knowledge we have of our Savior. He is the greatest example for us. He taught us how to pray with our whole heart and taught us that Heavenly Father is always listening. Make those prayers count! :)

Sœur Giles
























Letter to Mom:
Absolutely love it Mom! You're busy and sound very happy :) glad clay is working! Hopefully he is happy about that.
We are meeting with a lot of members this week so they can get to know my new companions. We have quite a few part member families and are trying to build those relationships. Can't wait to see what happens!
We are still in the same apartment, just had to rearrange some things. Little bit crowded, little bit more dirty! But we'll get it all figured out.
Can't wait for the pictures of San Fran. Hope summer is doing okay!
Weeks fly by so fast and it all melts together. Things are just so much better in person to tell anyways. I've been writing in my journal that you got for me and taping some little things in it to remember. I dried the flower I got for mother's day from the primary and put it in there! It'll be cool to look through later.
Travel safe and have tons of fun!
Love, Hannah


Letter to Dad:
Very nice!! Good old San Fran. Let me know how Summer is doing!
I wish the tour went through here, we wouldn't be able to watch but it'd still be cool. I know the soeurs in toul! Its a cute small village.
Trio is going well, we're eating more than just salads so we'll see if I put on any kilos.
We had a good rendezvous with our ami Elizabeth. She told us she is searching for her life, we can help her find it! She's just got to keep the commitments and learn how it applies to her. We're trying to help her connect that line to the Lord.
We also did a pass by and they were there! Missionaries lost contact with her a few months ago so we're excited to keep working with that family.
Have a fun trip!
Love, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment