Sunday, July 23, 2017

July 17, 2017

This week was definitely a week!
Another zone conference and an exchange in Paris. We're always busy!
We had a cool church tour with that guy Daniel and his friend Wally. I'm excited to see where that goes. They seem pretty solid!
Also a guy we talked to on the street came to church. He said he was very touched by the Spirit that is here. We have another rendez vous with him this week as well.
This week I read a talk called "of regrets and resolutions " by president Uchtdorf. I loved this paragraph "Instead I see the compassionate and caring Son of God purposefully living each day. When He interacted with those around Him, they felt important and loved. He knew the infinite value of the people He met. He blessed them, ministered to them. He lifted them up, healed them. He gave them the precious gift of His time."
Instead of bustling all over to all our obligations, its good to take a step back and look for opportunities to help those around us.
Bonne semaine!
Sœur Giles















Letter to Family:


This week was a real good one! I feel a little time warped. It was just Monday but the week went by kinda long. We spent many hours at the church because of zone conference, interviews, district meeting, and church! I learned a lot. I'm excited for this new mission president! He has a really good vision and is very enthusiastic. His french is funny to listen to haha you can really tell when people are not from here. I know i sound the same which is embarrassing, oh well!
Us 3 have lots of fun together. I'm loving it! Fun fact, people here don't really celebrate Bastille Day. Also they call it the 14th of July. They were supposedly fire works but I sleep through it all.
Hmmm other than that not much else happened! We had to cancel most of our rendez vous because meetings kept getting changed.
Thanks so much for your support! I'm so grateful for all that you do, and I really appreciate what a wonderful family we have. You're awesome! Keep having tons of fun!
Love, Sœur Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment