2. Had Domino's pizza at district meeting
3. Met with a less active who has such a strong testimony but has a hard time coming to church. She also has the cutest daughter ever!
4. Met with our ami Giselle and she said she was open to coming to church next week
5. Met with a less active Clara, who recently changed around her life to be focused entirely on Christ and sharing his love. We can't wait to see her again!!
6. Our mami ami made us African beignets, so delicious!
7. We didn't get lost going to that same members house for dinner on Thursday
8. She made us crab and garlic stuffed chicken with curry, one of the best meals I've had
9. We went running one morning through Place Stanislaus and saw some beautiful trees
10. Met with our ami Elizabeth who said she would read the book of Mormon. We read the conference talk by Elder Costa to the amis of the church and she really loved it. We are bringing it to her in Portuguese this week so she can understand it even better, that's her first language
11. Met with a less active who has a handicapped son and can't come to church. We shared conference talk perfect love casteth out fear. We think it really helped her feel calm!
12. A less active's 10 yr old grandson is really interested in the plan of salvation. He believes God is our heavenly father!
13. Did some area book work and found an old ami Queen. We had a rendezvous on Saturday, she said they would come to church. She was very accepting to the restoration
14. Sacrament meeting ended and they hadn't showed up... thought they weren't going to show but then walked out into the foyer and there they were!! Queen, her husband, her daughter, and her brother!! They are from Nigerian and don't speak a lot of french so we had to translate Sunday school and relief society but she said they'd come back.
15. Had a wonderful salad for dinner on Sunday
16. Each day Sœur Warr is so motivated and helps me so much to be brave and talk!
17. Two potentials that we haven't talked to in a while CALLED us to meet, hopefully that goes well!
To finish off a week full of awesome experiences, we went bowling.
I know that the gospel has the best message of eternity. It is a message of joy and hope. Through Christ we can overcome all!
If you have time watch the Mormon message "A Shower of Heavenly Blessings".
Keep looking up!
Sœur Giles

To finish off a week full of awesome experiences, we went bowling.

We got caught in a rainstorm one day!
Had a wonderful salad for dinner on Sunday
Letter to Mom:
Literally everyone we talk to is talking about the election, everyone was so scared and so many hate the woman that ran. But she didn't win so that's good! Macron won, I think he's pretty middle.
The language is definitely coming, slowly but I can understand mostly. On Sunday we had an English ami come so I had to translate the gospel principle lesson from French to English for him, I did okay I think! He was also reading the English book on my tablet.
We teach a good amount of lessons, since they don't count that as a stat anymore I have no idea how many we teach but they've been pretty good! I've been adding to more of the lessons we go teach. I love the people!!
Sounds like the parties were fun, tell everyone you meet that I say hi and that I'm doing well. AH I miss our stake. I'm excited for the spectacle on the 20th (Paris Temple), to see so many members! We are also going to all three sessions of the consecration, woo!
And those verses are so true. In the end we will be judged on who we have become not what we have done. We have to become like Christ and be so humble to do that. It's awesome to read the scriptures and pick those things out that directly apply to us and help us. Thanks for helping me!
Hmm what else...i don't know it was just a great week! As always! :)
Hope you get my card, love you!!
Hannah
Also what's grandma' s address? I found a cute card to send to her too!
Letter to Dad:
I knew missions went by fast but it's going by too fast!! There's never enough time to get everything done. My French is definitely coming. This past week I held a few conversations but it's still hard to understand people. It's definitely gotten so much better though.
Right now we actually have more investigators than Sœur Warr has ever had in her mission! Pretty cool! We're booked this week so we won't see very many members.
We have exchanges on Tuesday, zone conference on Wednesday, and we're going Paris on Thursday for legality. It'll be busy!
We usually only have one big meal a day, sandwiches for lunch and then a member for dinner or chicken and rice. We had a great salad last night :D also the patisserie for the week was a Paris Brest, filled with lots of good cream!!
Hmmm- favorite family...probably the Couteriers! They have 3 boys, 16, 13, and 7. Enzo, Louis, and Yan. They are half Italian and half French. So awesome!!
Looked like some good bike rides!! The weather has been the same here. Just so misty and foggy and cold. Come summer please!!
Elder Christofferson sounds awesome!! Cassidy is for sure blessed.
This week was normal, rendezvous and studying and finding, it's going well!
Thanks for all the pictures, I love them!
Love, Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment