There were a few good/crazy things that happened this week! On tuesday we met with a lady in our ward, sœur N'goyanadji from central Africa. We shared a thought about Joseph Smith and personal revelation with her. We asked her how she had seen God answer her prayers. She told us of a few experiences she has had. When she was a little girl in Africa, there was a huge storm in her village and her family was praying super hard because their house was not very strong and they did not have enough money to build another one. She remembers praying all together and pleading for safety. When the storm passed, most of the houses around were destroyed, but their little house was protected! Also about a year ago she was wondering why she wasn't doing anything in the church, she didn't have a calling. She prayed to God to know why she wasn't helping in His church. That very day she received a calling as a primary teacher! She is amazing!
The next day we had a mangezvous with Maité, ami Mami Irène, and recent convert Iman. We had a great time laughing and talking about Utah, Maité's dog zuzu, and grandchildren. We then shared the video, Because of Him and talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Through Jesus Christ, each of us personally can feel loved, feel hope, and be given strength. He is the greatest gift!
Thursday was just crazy. We tried to visit a member family who lives on the edge of Nancy but we were lost for 2 hours. We had their address but walked to that address in the village next to them. Well Gill, the man, had to walk and come find us. It was an adventure! But we did miss our rendezvous that was supposed to be after them..
Saturday we had a mini finding day in Épinal! There is a team of elders there in our district. So we went porting and talked to some nice people. We also found them a new family to teach! They accepted a book of Mormon and were open to meet again. The picture of the river is in Épinal!
The gospel is true and changes people's lives. It is the way to happiness and joy. Look for the ways Heavenly Father has blessed you, I promise He has!
Sœur Giles



Letter to Mom:
Good morning!! Busy weeks makes time go by fast. I felt like it was just p day! This definitely was a crazy week. Lots of plans changed and things like that. We are doing very well! It really feels normal to be here. Whenever we travel outside of Nancy, coming back into the Nancy gare feels like driving down the grade. Almost home!
You can do everything you need to do, sorry you don't have a little fairy helping you with everything but ask the missionaries if you do need some help, seriously any little thing is good. As a missionary, I AM SO HAPPY when members ask us to do things. Yesterday our ami Mami Irène (mami means grandma :) left her bag at the church so Maité, a member called us because we have the keys. So they picked us up and we went back to the church to get. Mami Irène was so worried so when we found it, she gave us huge bisous! It was so cute :)
Sad about your tooth! I'll pray for you. Doctors will take good care of you!
Go Clay!! Is he playing well? Is he enjoying it? Did he get my letter? How's school going?
I have received those letters, I love it!! Thank you so much!! Also I love those pictures, so cute!! I love the tandem, can't wait for when it's my turn! :)
But the mission is so awesome. My favorite thing to do is hear the members talk about their experiences and their conversions. It is so powerful. Also I played the piano in sacrament meeting yesterday! Thank goodness I wrote down some easy ones to play because I haven't been able to practice at all.
So only sœurs who are leaving after this transfer are helping at the open house. We just got to go one time, but we are going to watch all 3 dedication ceremonies and watch the spectacle. Woohoo!
Love you!!
Letter to Dad:
These past few days have been SO nice. The weather feels like Camarillo., except today is raining. But it's been wonderful. I've heard it gets really hot here in the summer and I'll probably be here another 5 months so I'll really get to experience it! Paris was so awesome, so many people. I got to see a few people from my group in the mtc, which the mtc feels like years ago. I told mom too, but coming back into the Nancy gare in a train feels like coming down the grade into Camarillo, almost home! The eclairs here are so good. We also ate macaroons this week. I had raspberry and sœur Warr had chocolate. They were so soft and delicious! Also we ate a croissant with an almond frosting and almond slivers. Super good!! And for dinner last night we had nutella crêpes. This week we will eat more healthy but I have try everything first! You'd love it here hahaha. This week I did try cheese with real mold in it. The kind that is furry. I haven't died yet so it's probably fine!
Nancy is definitely a beautiful place, lots of crazies, lots of cats and dogs, lots of busy people.
My comp thought it was so nice that you waved to her house! Glad the car worked well. There are a good amount of Audi's here. Seeing them reminds me of the two times I got to drive yours :D
Woohoo mission prep!! Such a great thing. That's actually one thing I really love about the book of Mormon. There are so many regular people who are awesome tools for the Lord to use because of their dedication. My mission president sent me this quote in his email to me. Elder Neal A Maxwell said "God does not begin by asking our ability only for our availability and if we prove our dependability he will increase our capability" .It's so cool how the more we act on promptings and when we become more reliable , we become such a better tool for the Lord. The sons of Mosiah continued to be strong in the Lord and helped so many people. I will study that chain of Ammon this week.
I can't wait to hear the Joseph Smith experience! These past few weeks when we visit members, we talk about him and how we can also receive personal answers. I had a cool experience last week. I as reading in John when Christ appeared to Mary at the tomb when he was resurrected, and I had the thought to just ask if it was real. So I did and I felt such a strong confirmation of the Spirit that it is. Christ lives and he loves us! Have a great week!
Love, Hannah

| another birthday party with Maité! |
| It was the birthday of an elder in our district so we made a banner! |
| Classic missionary railroad picture. |
| The picture of the river is in Épinal! |
Letter to Mom:
Good morning!! Busy weeks makes time go by fast. I felt like it was just p day! This definitely was a crazy week. Lots of plans changed and things like that. We are doing very well! It really feels normal to be here. Whenever we travel outside of Nancy, coming back into the Nancy gare feels like driving down the grade. Almost home!
You can do everything you need to do, sorry you don't have a little fairy helping you with everything but ask the missionaries if you do need some help, seriously any little thing is good. As a missionary, I AM SO HAPPY when members ask us to do things. Yesterday our ami Mami Irène (mami means grandma :) left her bag at the church so Maité, a member called us because we have the keys. So they picked us up and we went back to the church to get. Mami Irène was so worried so when we found it, she gave us huge bisous! It was so cute :)
Sad about your tooth! I'll pray for you. Doctors will take good care of you!
Go Clay!! Is he playing well? Is he enjoying it? Did he get my letter? How's school going?
I have received those letters, I love it!! Thank you so much!! Also I love those pictures, so cute!! I love the tandem, can't wait for when it's my turn! :)
But the mission is so awesome. My favorite thing to do is hear the members talk about their experiences and their conversions. It is so powerful. Also I played the piano in sacrament meeting yesterday! Thank goodness I wrote down some easy ones to play because I haven't been able to practice at all.
So only sœurs who are leaving after this transfer are helping at the open house. We just got to go one time, but we are going to watch all 3 dedication ceremonies and watch the spectacle. Woohoo!
Love you!!
Letter to Dad:
These past few days have been SO nice. The weather feels like Camarillo., except today is raining. But it's been wonderful. I've heard it gets really hot here in the summer and I'll probably be here another 5 months so I'll really get to experience it! Paris was so awesome, so many people. I got to see a few people from my group in the mtc, which the mtc feels like years ago. I told mom too, but coming back into the Nancy gare in a train feels like coming down the grade into Camarillo, almost home! The eclairs here are so good. We also ate macaroons this week. I had raspberry and sœur Warr had chocolate. They were so soft and delicious! Also we ate a croissant with an almond frosting and almond slivers. Super good!! And for dinner last night we had nutella crêpes. This week we will eat more healthy but I have try everything first! You'd love it here hahaha. This week I did try cheese with real mold in it. The kind that is furry. I haven't died yet so it's probably fine!
Nancy is definitely a beautiful place, lots of crazies, lots of cats and dogs, lots of busy people.
My comp thought it was so nice that you waved to her house! Glad the car worked well. There are a good amount of Audi's here. Seeing them reminds me of the two times I got to drive yours :D
Woohoo mission prep!! Such a great thing. That's actually one thing I really love about the book of Mormon. There are so many regular people who are awesome tools for the Lord to use because of their dedication. My mission president sent me this quote in his email to me. Elder Neal A Maxwell said "God does not begin by asking our ability only for our availability and if we prove our dependability he will increase our capability" .It's so cool how the more we act on promptings and when we become more reliable , we become such a better tool for the Lord. The sons of Mosiah continued to be strong in the Lord and helped so many people. I will study that chain of Ammon this week.
I can't wait to hear the Joseph Smith experience! These past few weeks when we visit members, we talk about him and how we can also receive personal answers. I had a cool experience last week. I as reading in John when Christ appeared to Mary at the tomb when he was resurrected, and I had the thought to just ask if it was real. So I did and I felt such a strong confirmation of the Spirit that it is. Christ lives and he loves us! Have a great week!
Love, Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment