Monday, January 22, 2018

January 22, 2018

The Ocean!

Things that happened this week:

Taught Pablo the 10 commandments and in his prayer at the end, he said he was convinced that God will bless him for his efforts to keep the commandments. Also he wanted to pay tithing before his baptism.

Went to a city called Le Havre, it's right next to the ocean! It was completely destroyed during world war 2 so it is a fairly new city. Very beautiful and it was so fun being on an exchange!
We went finding in the rain for 2 hours, we were wet but we found some really cool people!
Had 3 investigators at church and they all had a great time!

There is a BYU study abroad here for 3 weeks and some of them asked to teach with us!
Had a delicious desert at the ward meal after church called la galette des rois. There is a little clay piece in a slice of the tart and whoever gets it, is the king and wears the crown!
It was a great week, hope you have one too!

Sœur Giles

******************************************************************************************************



Letter to Mom:
Happy late birthday Mom!!!! You are so awesome! I am buying stamps today and then sending you a letter, somehow time always fly by but it will be there soon. Sorry!
Paige's baby is so cute! Glad to hear things are going better.
Everything is good :) Health is good, money is good, would you mind checking to see how I'm doing?
That's a really good idea for relief society! That's one thing that I've promised to do forever, visiting teaching. It's so important!
I did get the mission story from Tami, it was very inspirational!
And the sisters are good. Some are having some difficulties with their companion but we are trying our best to support them. We have another exchange this week, the last week of the transfer. It'll be fun!
It was fun talking to the group from BYU!
I'll try my best to be more descriptive next week, I just can't think of what else happened!
It's all just going good! We have taught the restoration sooooo many times this month, it's starting to feel repetitive. What do you like about the restoration lesson? What touches you the most about it?
Thanks so much for all your support, I love you so so much!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Sœur Giles









No comments:

Post a Comment