Monday, January 15, 2018

January 15, 2018

Everything is going great over here! 

We went to Rouen in the West for an exchange with other sisters this week and that was fun! We went to their ward council and we picked what the general conference talks will be for the next 6 months. I really liked Elder Christoffersons talk about the sacrament. He emphasizes that the sacrament represents an internal covenant to change and follow the Savior. It really is a blessing to be able to have that reminder every Sabbath day!

We taught Pablo the word of wisdom and he said he already was living it so that was really nice. He loves reading the Book of Mormon! 

I love it here!

Sœur Giles

**************************************************************************

Letter to Mom and Dad


Okay wow looks like your week was awesome!! Disneyland and mexico?! What else could you want! Maybe a few months in Paris :) actually I think you would enjoy the country a lot better than the city! We accidentally went to the rich sector and saw all the big stores and everyone had fur on their coats. Not really anyone was interested but we talked to a really nice old lady who had met the missionaries years ago, she said she still had her book of Mormon.

We were actually able to meet a lot of cool people this week! We saw Alma, a woman that we met a few weeks ago and finally gave her a book of Mormon and she was so happy. She sees the absence of time she has for God but really wants to change that. 

We called about 20 elderly less actives in the ward this week to help the relief society president organize visiting teaching. Well I called this one number and an old man answered. I assumed it was the husband of the lady I had called so I set up a time to meet with them yesterday. He gave me the address and everything. Well yesterday we went to this address and call the number to get the code and this time a younger woman answers the phone and doesn't know who we are! Turns out this random old man, who was out of the house at that time, had invited us over, not a less active, without even knowing who we are! 

Then we went to a members house and she gave us fleminkusch, its like pizza but french! And she said she would love to do family home evenings at her house with investigators. 

My companion and I are doing well! We really are trying are best to speak only french outside of the apartment, its harder than you'd think! But we are getting along great!
Have another great week!

Love,
Sœur Giles 



No comments:

Post a Comment