Not too much happened this week!
We went and saw a member family on Monday night and it was awesome! It was so awesome because Soeur Hunt was just on top of her game. She was understanding tons and talking back and it was so cool to watch. She was so happy afterwards! We can't wait to go back again. They invited us again for a family home tonight but we already had a rendezvous so hopefully next week.
Also my favorite member Maité came back this week from a month vacation in the south. She is the little old lady with red hair. Church was so happy with her there. I missed her a lot!
This week we went on a little adventure to find a missing package that Soeur Hunt's mom sent to her but because we weren't at home it was placed in the fed ex warehouse. And the warehouse is quite a while a way. So we get on the bus and just a stop or two later, a member gets on! This is his first year at college, he actually moved from the south just a few months ago to start. But he hasn't been to church since his mom left, which was also a few months ago. So we said hi and talked a little bit about how school is going. He gets off and says see you Sunday! The best part is..he came on Sunday!!! He probably just needed a little reminder. It was cool to see Heavenly Father place him in our path.
We also were able to watch another broadcast to the Europe region by Elder Ballard. This was for the youth though. He promised that each youth in this area can touch one person's life before Christmas. If we think about the atonement a little bit more, if we find joy in the gospel, God has promised us enormous blessings and one is bringing our friends into the gospel. It was a very neat promise
Other than that we spent some more time cruising around Nancy talking to people. No new potentials but we are excited to keep working! Its getting chilly and rainy. Yes I am wearing my scarves mom! We looked at cool cathedrals and these are the exact words I said to soeur hunt "can you take a picture of me so I can show my mom I'm wearing my scarves?" Guess that worked out perfectly!
Sorry to disappoint, I did not eat any bugs but we had rabbit and carrots at the same time again. Bizarre.
Also I got your letter mom. Thank you so much!! I think it will be a really cool thing to study together since we are all separated now. One thing I really thought was interesting from the repentance study was that forgiveness comes from first being humble and then recognizing Christ's role as our savior. Yes we have lots of things to change and repent of but Christ is our mediator with the Father. It is through him that we become better. So as we focus on him, the atonement, he promises us forgiveness and peace. What a blessing that is!
Soeur Giles
No comments:
Post a Comment