Monday, June 19, 2017

June 19, 2017

This week started with a really great zone conference. The last one from President Babin. He talked a lot about working hard but importantly working well. Its so important to prioritize so we can get all the essential things done. Wednesday we had a very interesting mangezvous with Noelle. The appetizer was cheese and shrimp and avocado. Then we ate rabbit and carrots. Funny because rabbits eat carrots..and then a really good dessert! We shared with her the talk from the last October conference about being good enough to receive eternal life. All we got to do is try! Heavenly Father intends for us to make it, so don't ever give up!

Thursday we went to Paris for exchanges and talked to some very cool people. We met an amie in the hospital and shared with her the video from Easter. She loved it and just loves missionaires! She is from the Congo and super kind. On our way back from the hospital we talked to a 18 year old named Victoria for an hour and a half!! We contacted her right as she was unlocking her bike from a little fence so she talked the whole time with her helmet on. She explained to us a lot of her life experiences and opinions about what life actually is and how to live a good life. She was actually recently in a bike accident and realized a lot things she needed to change. Shes been able to change the way she sees herself and others. She recognizes the goodness in people instead of the bad. The good news for her is that a lot of what she said is also what we believe! Hopefully she'll be able to meet and learn more.

That is just one of my absolute favorite things of being here. Getting to serve and help and just listen to people. Each person deserves to have this hope that we have and we can help them have it by simply sharing the truths that we believe in.

I'm so grateful to be a missionary and to learn more and more each day about Heavenly Father and his plan for us. It is really plan of joy and happiness. I relearn that every day! This next week is going to be a good week! :)

Bonne lundi!
Sœur Giles







Cheese, Shrimp and Avocado Appetizer




Rabbit with carrots! Kind of funny, since rabbits eat carrots!




fancy dessert




Soeur's Warr and Giles with Elaine S. Dalton - former YW general president







Letter to Mom:
MAMAN! It sounds like you are doing so awesome! Thanks so much for the update. Graduation looked very nice, I received the pictures. No rain like there was for mine? :) glad gramma and Summer went! And her jam is so good. I remember this last semester at school when she drove up to Provo and gave me some I had at least one piece of toast every day!
Summer still hasn't emailed me but I sent her another one to remind her. How is she doing?
Did Rita say anything about how the accounting program is going? I'm so excited for Ruth to come! It'll be funny calling her sœur though haha
Sorry about your teeth, I'm praying for you! What an adventure having braces is. What are you correcting? Just crooked teeth? How is it going to work with getting your tooth out? You rock braces mom! Looking so good! Also hows the estimate for the bathroom remodel?
And I think that is one of the things I miss the very most! Being able to talk for so long while we worked around the house and ran errands. Thanks for the hug and picture, it's going up on my wall! Also hopefully dad showed you the video I sent. I am kinda primary pianist now. Pretty cool! I'm learning the courage of Nephi? Nephi's courage? I'm not sure what it is called but its going well. Mom I absolutely LOVE this one member in the ward. Her name is Anouck and she's around 35 to 40 and she has 2 kids. We went with her daughter to young woman's because she is the only young woman and didn't want to be alone. Anyways Anouck is just so happy and so awesome! We went to her house for lunch on Friday and it was so good. Yesterday she thanked us for the spiritual thought we gave, it really touched her! We're like instant friends!
Did clay get his postcard? Glad the other cards got there.
Tonight we are going to do zumba with a member who is a zumba instructor and some of her friends. You going to spin?
We've also made carrot cake on Saturday to take to a member and amie and it was pretty good! Not as good as yours but pretty healthy! No added sugar, just unsweetened applesauce.
Thanks so much for all you do! I am so grateful to be your daughter. You are wonderful!! Love you so much and I am giving you an even bigger hug! :)
Avec amour,
Hannah


********************************************************************************


Letter to Dad:
What a dinner!! I would gladly eat that salmon. Sounds delicious. This week I ate rabbit...it really didn't taste bad but I just kept thinking of the dead bunny park and it grossed me out a little haha. The appetizer was really interesting. Raw baby shrimp. Also here seafood is the mark of fancy. I guess for Christmas they eat so much sea food. Like oysters and things like that. It'll be an adventure when it comes to that! We went to a members house on Friday and she made us barbecue pork ribs!! It was so good they just fell right off the bone. It was cooked in a pot, I know a disgrace to barbecue, but it was a taste of home!
Whenever people ask me about my family I always say we ride our bikes a lot! It is such a big part of our family. You could name your bike soleil! It means sun! "Okay Heather I am going to take soleil on a ride in sycamore canyon, be back in a few hours!" Hmm it could work!
That's really nice of you to go visit Don in the hospital. I'm sure it was very appreciated! Hospitals here are so weird. They don't really have records of people! No real database. Having a baby is free! Not very secure. Anyone could walk in or out. Just so different!
Also iIreally don't remember Grandpa. It sounds like he worked hard for his family. I can't wait to meet him one day! On my grad trip I was able to ask gramma about grandpa. I think it was right around this time! She told me how they met and how she decided to marry him. And voila we are all here!
We are doing our best to work hard and the way the Lord wants! We have to find some new progressing amis this week. We are going to see Alexandra on Saturday and we're going to talk about a baptismal date. She is so ready! I'm excited.
Glad to hear everything is going well, thanks for your email and the pictures! Happy birthday and fathers day again, you're awesome!
Love, Sœur Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment