Then we had zone conference in Rennes. I had my last interview with president Sorensen. We talked about the future. He double majored at BYU in accounting and french and he really liked it!
Then at zone conference on Friday, our district sang a version of the Spirit of God as the musical number. It went pretty well! In zone conference we talked about how to teach repentance using simple words and simple testimony.
The best part of the week was a referral named Favor! She moved from Nigeria to the south of France and then to Nantes a few months ago. She has been searching for the church ever since she left Nigeria. She had been going for a few years before leaving but had never been baptized. But we finally received her as a referral and called her and she was grateful we called! We met with her on Saturday and she came to church on Sunday. She wants to be baptized soon!
Today we visited the history museum inside the chateau of Nantes and a Viking exhibit. Nantes was a big source of trade for France, especially slave trade. It was cool to see the evolution of the city over hundreds of years.
Yesterday I gave a talk in church and I shared that quote from Brigham young about searching the pioneers in the plains that were stuck. The same one that you used Dad in a talk a few weeks ago. I talked about listening to the Holy Ghost and that I am grateful for those people that went to find our ancestors! Afterwards a lady came up to me and asked if our family would be willing to take her family names to the temple. She doesn't go very often and it takes a really really long time for them to go through the temple even if she sends them for other people to do. She could email us the list and we could print them out and take them! Are you going to the temple soon?
There really is no experience like this one, I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord full time. There is nothing like being able to help other find light and hope in their life because of Jesus Christ!
Love,
Sœur Giles
No comments:
Post a Comment