Monday, April 16, 2018

April 16, 2018

From east to west (with a stop in the middle)

So I'm getting transferred to Nantes tomorrow with a new companion coming from the MTC :D neither of us will know the sector but that's okay!
It was quite a surprise! Sister van Duyse is staying in Paris, she was happy about that. To celebrate my birthday early we went out to eat at a real French restaurant!! And it was so delicious. And yes I got the card 2 days ago, thanks so much!

My 2nd semester I took those piano lessons at BYU and my teacher's family lives in Nantes! I'm pretty sure his dad is the bishop so that's cool! Maybe my teacher will come back during the summer.

This week was full of good lessons, good hours of finding and a little riot in the park! We were at the park with an investigator, he is 88 but we had to give him a chance. A senior couple also was there with us when there were a few loud bangs and then people started running so fast to get out of the park! We start to get up and the police came and told us to get out real fast, 88 year old men can't walk that fast so we are taking it slowly. Well a group of about 30 college guys start running through the park and the police were chasing them. They weren't trying to hurt anyone just cause a scene. But it cut our lesson short. Then we went to the Luxembourg gardens to have lunch with a member, Terri Lee! She's awesome.

Last night we went to a devotional at the temple visitors center to watch a recent convert from our ward bear his testimony! Since this is the time of the strikes in France, about 4 out of the 7 days of the week there are hardly any trains. We were running to catch the train to the temple and missed it by 20 seconds! Then we had to wait half an hour for the next one.

This week I was reading in Ether in the book of Mormon. Well the first chapter was the one I really liked! Jared and his brother had a lot of faith and a lot of courage to ask the Lord to not confound their language, and then to ask a 2nd time for their family and friends. Then they asked a 3rd time for guidance to know where to go. And they promised the Lord that they would be faithful. I love a line from the last verse "And thus I will do unto thee because this long time ye have cried unto me "

I know that the Lord is loving, full of charity and that he takes care of us. It just requires a little bit of faith to make all the difference!

Love,
Sœur Giles



















No comments:

Post a Comment