This week went by so fast! It was the last week of the transfer but Sœur van Duyse and I are staying together for another so that's really good.
One day we road the metro for almost two hours just talking to every one that sat down next to us. It was pretty fun! And really effective!
Lindsay picked a date for her baptism!! She is actually going to be in Salt Lake City in April and wanted her boyfriend to be there so she will be baptized there on April 7th! We are for sure skyping in, but we had a lesson with her and a young Tahitian couple in our ward. And it was so fun!
On Saturday we went to the temple with Cynthia and her husband!! It was so special and beautiful. They are really excited to be able to go inside together one day .
We also were at the temple on Sunday with our investigator souleman who is leaving for Africa today. He was really touched as well! We barely missed the train again, this time we made it by 1 minute with lots of running at the end.
On Saturday there was also the baptism of Jean Louis! One of the elders' investigators. He is one of the greatest people ever. And I gave the talk on the holy ghost! It was cool to be able to prepare a little talk specifically for him and how the holy ghost will help him in his life. It was a great experience !!
Have a great week!
Sœur Giles
****************************************************************************
Letter to Family:
Sorry I don't have much more time! We went to Notre dame ( I think I saw Quasimodo's shadow) and got ice cream today but here are some more pictures from the week.
The work is going so well here! A few days ago I texted a random number in the phone and it turned out to be a girl from California who is really searching! I'm excited to see where that goes.
Also we taught a man with an awesome member named Terri Lee! She is from New York.
There is so much more that happened but I just can't remember right now....
Oh we went to do some more legality stuff. I am now really legal ! It's a cool pink card with my picture on it.
We bought a delicious tropezienne dessert and an olive pizza as well.
Saturday night we had 4 sisters sleeping over for stake conference the next day and we made our home made chocolate mousse that was delicious.
Cynthia bore her testimony to us this week about how she came to know that the book of Mormon is the word of God. She is so ready and prepared it's crazy!!!
I now understand when people say they didn't do anything, they just showed up already ready :)
Paris is awesome!!
Love,
Sœur Giles







No comments:
Post a Comment