Monday, December 11, 2017

December 11, 2017

Has it been 9 months or 9 weeks? Cant tell!

Wow can't believe that the fire is so big!! Sad about all the homes, I'm sure clay was happy to sleep in a little though.

And Alisa' s reception looked very nice! Looked like so much fun! You did a great job mom, and dad the floors look flaw less. 

This week was pretty calm, we had interviews at the beginning of the week. President asked me how I felt about transfers right before Christmas so that made me a cry a little, not cool!! 
I was sick a little too at the beginning of the week, just a cold but then I ate tons of oranges and now I feel so much better.
It snowed a lot this weekend! It was so pretty but also very very cold. Then it rained all yesterday and during the night so it all melted.

I tried a roasted chestnut and it was a little odd.

We had a good few rendezvous. We met with a new investigator oceanne and we set a baptismal date! For February but still it was cool to see her want to change and she felt the spirit alot when we talked about Joseph Smith. She was supposed to come on sunday but it was snowing a ton and she has a 9 month old son, little difficult with public transport.
We met with our investigator emina and when we gave her a book of Mormon, she just glowed!! She was so happy! We were able to meet her 5 year old girl and teach her how to pray. It's so cool to teach little kids how to pray! It is so automatic, she bowed her head and and closed her eyes and listed about 20 things she was grateful for, like her bed and pyjamas and her tooth brush, it was awesome!
There was a baptism in the ward on Saturday, a little boy that had turned 8 a little while ago. His name is yan! He asked me if I had been baptised as well and also if I've made other covenants with heavenly father. He is very very smart! But a little crazy in primary.

Brian also came to the baptism on Saturday and church on Sunday ! Everyone was so welcoming and kind and talked to him so much, it was so awesome. We taught him the plan of salvation last week. He seems to like it.

On Christmas day it will probably be around 6 or 7 at night for me. So maybe 10 or 11 for you? We will see! I'll let you know for sure before Christmas. Google hangouts will work great!

Everything is going well, so happy to be out here. It's the best work to be doing!
Thanks for all that you do! Heavenly Father is watching over us!

Love, Sœur Giles











No comments:

Post a Comment