Thursday, November 9, 2017

November 6, 2017

Nancy can't get rid of me yet!

Sœur Hunt and I will be staying together for another transfer! I'm so excited. We will see some miracles for sure. In addition 2 other soeurs will be joining us! So we have to move apartments in the next few days. We have had good practice though, these past transfers I've helped at least 4 families move.

Well not too much happened this week. Almost all our rendezvous fell through new people. But we did get to see Karen and Joseph, and Victor.

With Victor we talked about the plan of salvation. He really enjoyed hearing about what happens after death.

We also went to a little English group. We met an old lady while knocking doors a while back and she invited us to speak English with a few friends. They were all so cute and talked like they were form England even though they are all French. She served us little treats and some juice.

We also accidentally went trick or treating! We knocked on a door in the early evening and they were expecting trick or treaters. We talked for a minute and they gave us candy anyways.

We also started our own English group with the ward. We had about 6 members show up and it was awesome. We played a few games and everyone was laughing.

Last Monday night we had another family night with the family Chretien. We talked about the cycle of the gospel and they shared with us a few missionary moments that they have had recently. They gave a book of Mormon to their friends, so cool! Then the dad bore his testimony on sunday about how important it is to share the gospel.

Well Nancy is my home, it's the perfect place to be!

Have a great one!

Sœur Giles


Letter to Mom and Dad:

Surprise surprise I'm staying here!! It really was a surprise..but it will be super fun! I'm bummed about moving apartments but living with 4 people is so fun! They are selling the one we are living in now. We are moving into the elders old apartment and it's old and gross. More cleaning!

I have had a lot of special moments with the members this week! Well mostly because we thought I was leaving...but they were just so kind and loving. And I am so grateful to be able to serve here. I don't think it is the same as in the United states. The members rely on us so much and need us to keep them going.

One tender mercy that I have seen is Veronique. She was less active until recently. We had visited her a few times just a few months ago and since then she hasn't missed a Sunday! She comes to all the activities and just told us she is giving a talk on Sunday. I love seeing how happy she is! She has even been talking to other less actives, including her parents and helping them out as well. And she will be doing a little musical number with another member in relief society. She is so cool! I am so so grateful for her.

Such cool pictures and I love that video mom!! I could see it. It was so awesome!! It looked so beautiful out there. Was it pretty warm? It is soooo chilly here. Ah. I would actually love some more fuzzy socks! Even right now my feet are cold.. all mine are several years old. Except for the nice white pair that you gave me last year :) those are nice!

Other than its been a normal week. Thanks for all the pictures. Have a great week, tell Clay good job from me. He is a stud even though they lost. Also I did get your letter mom, thanks again! You are all awesome!

Love, Sœur Giles





































No comments:

Post a Comment