Monday, September 18, 2017

September 18, 2017

This week we were walking around one morning deciding where to go to find and a man walked past us quickly and said "what's up sisters" and continued walking. First of all we need more information than that random man who knows missionaries because we do not see american tourists very often. So we followed him down the street and we saw that his car had broken down and his wife was there too! They are members and have been living in Germany for less than a year and were visiting the big cities around. But something happened and they didn't know how to get there car fixed. So we were able to talk with them a little while and find for them a place to go and get a tow truck. It was cool to be guided by the spirit to that place where we could help them!

Also I learned how french toast came about! Here it is called pain perdu or lost bread. So they would take the bread that is going bad and fry it to make it still edible. 

We got to visit a less active again, which was nice. She needs a lot of support and really enjoys our visits.

Have a wondeful week! 

Sœur Giles











Letter to Mom:

That sounds like a fun Friday party! Clay is lucky!! We have been making quesadillas here and I make a little salsa to go on it. And it's good that you eventually got to that to do list, if I was there we would have it done right away :) that's a lot of changes you have planned! Is dad's work going well?
This week was okay, a little tiring because we walked around a lot and couldn't find anyone but we are still going strong! This week is looking a lot better already.

It is kind of a stereotypical thing to say but I have really come to love the cheese here. Seriously it is like ice cream. People eat it with every meal and it just tastes so good. The longer I am here the more I love to eat it. It grows on you! At first you think it is nothing special but then you just want more!

I'll just say the few big things in the other email, love you tons. Thanks for all your support, 

I also pray for you every day!

Love,
Sœur Giles

Letter to Clay:

Clay you spelled banana correctly haha thank you for your email. You are indeed my favorite little brother :) and you will probably grow up to have my same excellent grammar skills because I also had mr Locken for language arts and he taught me grammar. We will see!! I sent you a letter today so you should get it next week!
It is COLD here. I need that nice blue blanket that you sleep with up here with me. I wear lots of sweaters at night. And lots of fuzzy socks.
My companion is super fun and very helpful. Even though she is new she is doing great!
Right now we have a few investigators named Joseph, Chloé, Irène, Alexandra, Nono and Sylvia. They are making progress slowly but surely.
How is your football season going? I heard you ran the ball, go you!!
Have a wonderful week Clay.
Love love love you!!
You're favorite Sœur, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment