Monday, August 21, 2017

August 21, 2017

Transfer 4 in Nancy begins!

Another crazy week! We had a fun time at a ward picnic. We played lots of fun games. Like trying to push a toy car with a potato tied to your waist...interesting! We also played one where you had to put on lots of random clothes fast then run a little ways and back and then take them all off again. It was good to spend time with the ward and see them laugh a lot. We then had dinner with the Tahitian couple in our ward and she tried to teach us how to Tahitian dance. Unfortunately we were not blessed with that ability and we looked ridiculous haha but it was very fun!

Wednesday I went with two other soeurs into Paris to pick up our bleues. We successfully navigated the metros with huge suitcases, didnt get lost at all!
My bleue's name is Sœur Hunt! She is from Sandy,  Utah and just graduated from high school. She is very cute and very courageous. We will have lots of good times these next months. 

We visited a less active family on Thursday and it was such a good rendezvous. We talked about Mosiah 18 and our baptismal covenants. The wife was able to study and learn about what our covenants are. And they actually were able to come to church last week. The husband said the opening prayer in sacrament meeting. He was very nervous so he only said two things: bless the missionaries and bless the cats and dogs. It was the cutest!

On Friday we saw Joseph. He has a strong desire to learn more. He doesn't speak much french but is trying his best to learn.
We then went to see a less active in Pont a Mousson. She lives about 20 minutes from the train station and the whole time we were walking, it was pouring rain. Oh well!

On Saturday we met the coolest lady!! Her name is Josette and she had seen missionnaires a little while ago. She is really interested in genealogy and is having difficult family struggles. She was so ready! Well we got her number and then called it yesterday...not her number. It was sad because it was such a great experience. Hopefully she will be found again!

Have a wonderful week!

Sœur Giles 





































Letter to Mom:

I am doing well Mom :) I love my new companion. She is very sweet! And she has such a good desire to be out here. Its been fun reliving MTC days. That feels like so long ago! Sœur Hunt actually received her mission call AFTER I reported to the MTC. Weird.

Speaking of weird, I had the same thought last week when Lucas emailed me and said Kailee was sick. Interesting, very interesting. We will see soon I'm sure!

Also I'd love to email Clay! Maybe you could help him set up a gmail so we can talk? I miss my chess playing buddy!
Cute blankets! The babies are going to be very comfy. 

I am really happy to still be here. When you come we will walk through place stansislas and get some gelato in the shape of a rose! You'll love it!

One thing I enjoyed studying about this week was the Abrahamic covenant! It's cool to think that when we enter into the covenant we are promised access to the atonement and to eternal blessings. We always have a chance to start over and try again. Always!
Hopefully your mouth heals quickly, I'm praying for you! 

Love, Sœur Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment